- The S&P 500® had a small pull-back (-0.34%) a day ahead of the widely-anticipated monthly employment report
- All four major U.S. equity indices continue to have strongly bullish intermediate postures according to the Market Forecast technical indicator
- All of those indices are also trading above their 30 day moving average and have “3 Green Arrows” signals
- Underneath the surface, we’ve seen some very interesting transitions taking place when it comes to Factors
- Momentum has been underperforming and Value has been outperforming, which is the opposite of what we’ve traditionally seen over the past year
- Dividend Yield and Low Size Factors are starting to do better than Low Volatility over the past month, as well
- The ratio charts suggest the average stock within the S&P 500 has been rising at a faster pace than the mega-cap growth stocks that have captured the market’s attention over the past 3 weeks
- Within sector action today, we saw Financials outperform (+2.2%) while Utilities and Real Estate underperformed (-1.8%)
- Our trade application example featured selling a put with a strike at a strong support level for U.S. Bancorp (USB) now that it has broken out of its prior horizontal resistance
About Brandon Van Zee
Brandon is a co-founder of Market Scholars, where he builds portfolios while teaching daily interactive online classes and is a host of the Market Outlook YouTube video. His focus is on dividend growth investing, top-down trend trading, and put selling. He has been in the financial services industry and investing his own portfolios since 2000. Prior to Market Scholars, he was an Investment Instructor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for dividend investing at TD Ameritrade’s education division, Investools. There he taught webinars, conducted in-person workshops, and helped write their Income Investing course material along with the scoring system used for dividend stocks. He was also the host of the Dividend Depot podcast and the Market Forecast YouTube video, along with writing for The Ticker Tape magazine and Coaching Corner blog. Other roles he has held in the financial industry include: Dividends/Reorganizations Specialist(RBC Wealth Management), Assistant Trader(RBC Global Asset Management), Head Trader(Provident Capital Corp), and Investment Specialist(TD Ameritrade). Brandon spends his free time traveling and enjoying summertime mountain activities(hiking, fishing, camping) with his wife and son.
You also might be interested in
Learn more about the Trading Rooms taught at Market Scholars. In addition to the classes listed, we also offer two weekly Question & Answer Sessions exclusively for our Premium subscribers. View our events calendar for times and other webinar details on our current schedule here: https://www.marketscholars.com/events/
Sector-based Trend Trading – 03/26 Share via: 0 Shares 0[...]
The daily Market Outlook™ video helps viewers understand important movements within the trading world and set their investing postures appropriately. This popular YouTube video offers a comprehensive review of important financial considerations utilizing technical analysis, macroeconomic analysis, and fundamental analysis. The presentation ends with an application example using a virtual trade to help put the educational theories learned into motion.