- The S&P 500 was up by 0.38% to close out the very impressive month of November; 81% of components closed in the green
- In the 21 trading sessions in the month of November, 76% of the days were higher (16 of 21)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.47%, on the back of a positive reaction to earnings from Salesforce (CRM)
- The NASDAQ was the only major index down today (-0.23%), due to the Magnificent 7 underperforming
- The Russell 2000 was up 0.29% and finished with a Bullish Intermediate Confirmation signal
- All four major U.S. equity indices have a strongly bullish intermediate posture and are trading above rising 30 day moving averages
- The 10-year Treasury Yield rose to 4.35% and bonds fell modestly (but remain with strongly bullish intermediate postures)
- The U.S. Dollar rallied 0.72%, pushing commodities lower (Gold -0.42%, Oil -3.28%)
- Foreign developed stocks closed slightly lower, while emerging markets were up 0.20%
- Bitcoin fell slightly, but remains with a strongly bullish intermediate posture
- Preferred stocks were up for their 5th straight day and continue to have a strongly bullish posture
- View the Dividend Stairstep sector statistics here: https://www.marketscholars.com/2023/11/30/dividend-stairstep-sector-statistics-11-30-23/
- For additional content, Premium members of Market Scholars are welcome to watch my 3.5 hour Q&A class from earlier today: https://www.marketscholars.com/event/brandons-weekly-qa-session-298/
About Brandon Van Zee
Brandon is a co-founder of Market Scholars, where he builds portfolios while teaching daily interactive online classes and is a host of the Market Outlook YouTube video. His focus is on dividend growth investing, top-down trend trading, and put selling. He has been in the financial services industry and investing his own portfolios since 2000. Prior to Market Scholars, he was an Investment Instructor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for dividend investing at TD Ameritrade’s education division, Investools. There he taught webinars, conducted in-person workshops, and helped write their Income Investing course material along with the scoring system used for dividend stocks. He was also the host of the Dividend Depot podcast and the Market Forecast YouTube video, along with writing for The Ticker Tape magazine and Coaching Corner blog. Other roles he has held in the financial industry include: Dividends/Reorganizations Specialist(RBC Wealth Management), Assistant Trader(RBC Global Asset Management), Head Trader(Provident Capital Corp), and Investment Specialist(TD Ameritrade). Brandon spends his free time traveling and enjoying summertime mountain activities(hiking, fishing, camping) with his wife and son.
You also might be interested in
The Sector Selector is a two part infographic that educates traders on current sector rotation trends. The top image is an overview of the pathway of the 11 sector rankings over the previous three months. The more-detailed bottom image shows investors how those S&P 500 sectors have been scored in each of their five individual performance categories. It also notates the individual stocks in the Market Scholars 1000 list that are hitting 52-week highs and 52-week lows. The full graphic is made available to premium Market Scholars for usage in Brandon Van Zee's Trading Room, which is held on Mondays at 11:00 am ET and focuses on Top-Down Trend Trading.
Factor Selector™ features 24 investment strategies from 6 different factors pitted against one another and ranked over multiple time periods. This tool is available for premium members of Market Scholars to utilize in Brandon Van Zee's Trading Room focused on swing trading held each Wednesday at 11:00 am ET.
The S&P 500® rose 0.28% today The NASDAQ Composite was[...]