- The S&P 500 was up by 0.29% and set a new all-time closing high; 55% of its components closed in the green
- Today was a rare day where all of the Magnificent 7 stocks closed in the green, but advanced less than 1%
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.25% and the NASDAQ Composite rose 0.43%
- The Russell 2000 was down 0.36% and has a weakly bullish posture (the three other indices have a strongly bullish posture)
- All four major U.S. equity indices are trading above their rising 30-day moving averages
- The Consumer Staples led the market today, likely due to a strong earnings reaction out of Procter & Gamble
- Netflix is flying higher in tonight’s afterhours session after reporting impressive growth numbers in their earnings report
- For Premium Market Scholars seeking additional content, I taught a Dividend Growth Investing class today, where we evaluated a brand new stock in the Materials sector that we hadn’t officially covered in my previous decade of teaching dividend classes: https://www.marketscholars.com/event/dividend-growth-investing-306/
About Brandon Van Zee
Brandon is a co-founder of Market Scholars, where he builds portfolios while teaching daily interactive online classes and is a host of the Market Outlook YouTube video. His focus is on dividend growth investing, top-down trend trading, and put selling. He has been in the financial services industry and investing his own portfolios since 2000. Prior to Market Scholars, he was an Investment Instructor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for dividend investing at TD Ameritrade’s education division, Investools. There he taught webinars, conducted in-person workshops, and helped write their Income Investing course material along with the scoring system used for dividend stocks. He was also the host of the Dividend Depot podcast and the Market Forecast YouTube video, along with writing for The Ticker Tape magazine and Coaching Corner blog. Other roles he has held in the financial industry include: Dividends/Reorganizations Specialist(RBC Wealth Management), Assistant Trader(RBC Global Asset Management), Head Trader(Provident Capital Corp), and Investment Specialist(TD Ameritrade). Brandon spends his free time traveling and enjoying summertime mountain activities(hiking, fishing, camping) with his wife and son.
You also might be interested in
Factor Selector™ features 24 investment strategies from 6 different factors pitted against one another and ranked over multiple time periods. This tool is available for premium members of Market Scholars to utilize in Brandon Van Zee's Trading Room focused on swing trading held each Wednesday at 11:00 am ET.
This Dividend Growth Investing blog post lists recent dividend increase announcements from stocks with at least 5 years of prior dividend increases.
The S&P 500® rose by 0.22% today and retains its[...]