- The S&P 500 was up by 0.53% and set a new all-time closing high; 80% of its components closed in the green
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.64%, carried by IBM’s 9.49% surge (its second biggest daily performance in five years)
- The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average achieved new all-time closing highs
- The Russell 2000 was up by 0.71% and the NASDAQ Composite rallied 0.18%
- All four major U.S. equity indices have strongly bullish Market Forecast intermediate postures
- All four major U.S. equity indices are trading above their rising 30-day moving averages
- The new Dividend Aristocrat List for 2024 has been officially announced: https://www.marketscholars.com/2024/01/24/2024-sp-500-dividend-aristocrat-list-adds-fastenal-removes-walgreens/
- For Premium Market Scholars seeking additional content, I spent over 3 and a half hours analyzing stocks in my Q&A class today: https://www.marketscholars.com/event/brandons-weekly-qa-session-306/
About Brandon Van Zee
Brandon is a co-founder of Market Scholars, where he builds portfolios while teaching daily interactive online classes and is a host of the Market Outlook YouTube video. His focus is on dividend growth investing, top-down trend trading, and put selling. He has been in the financial services industry and investing his own portfolios since 2000. Prior to Market Scholars, he was an Investment Instructor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for dividend investing at TD Ameritrade’s education division, Investools. There he taught webinars, conducted in-person workshops, and helped write their Income Investing course material along with the scoring system used for dividend stocks. He was also the host of the Dividend Depot podcast and the Market Forecast YouTube video, along with writing for The Ticker Tape magazine and Coaching Corner blog. Other roles he has held in the financial industry include: Dividends/Reorganizations Specialist(RBC Wealth Management), Assistant Trader(RBC Global Asset Management), Head Trader(Provident Capital Corp), and Investment Specialist(TD Ameritrade). Brandon spends his free time traveling and enjoying summertime mountain activities(hiking, fishing, camping) with his wife and son.
You also might be interested in
Market Scholars, Today’s dividend growth announcements from companies with at[...]
The Sector Selector is a two part infographic that educates traders on current sector rotation trends. The top image is an overview of the pathway of the 11 sector rankings over the previous three months. The more-detailed bottom image shows investors how the sectors have been scored in each of their ten individual categories. It also notates the individual stocks in the Market Scholars 1000 list that are hitting 52-week highs and 52-week lows. The full graphic is made available to premium Market Scholars for usage in Brandon Van Zee's Trading Room, which is held on Mondays at 11:00 am ET and focuses on Top-Down Trend Trading.
The daily Market Outlook™ video helps viewers understand important movements within the trading world and set their investing postures appropriately. This popular YouTube video offers a comprehensive review of important financial considerations utilizing technical analysis, macroeconomic analysis, and fundamental analysis. The presentation ends with an application example using a virtual trade to help put the educational theories learned into motion.