- Be sure to watch tonight’s video because it contains important information about my future with the Market Outlook project
- The S&P 500 fell by 0.06%, but achieved a new all-time intraday high before closing lower
- While the S&P 500 fell slightly (mostly due to pressure within the Magnificent 7), there were actually more stocks up (55%) than down
- Several important companies reported earnings afterhours (MSFT, AMD, GOOGL, SBUX, etc), which pushed futures lower
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.35%, it achieved both an all-time intraday high and an all-time closing high
- The NASDAQ Composite fell 0.76%; it had an “inside day” and didn’t achieve a new high like the other two large cap indices
- The small-cap Russell 2000 also fell by 0.76%, and is the only major index with a weakly bearish intermediate posture on the Market Forecast
- The three large cap indices have strongly bullish intermediate postures, according to the Market Forecast technical indicator
- All four major U.S. equity indices are trading above their 30 day moving averages; however, the Russell 2000’s 30 DMA is pointing slightly lower
- For our Charter members who renewed again in 2018, be sure to take advantage of our 25%-off discount, which expires in one month: https://www.marketscholars.com/signup/premium-renew/
- Premium Market Scholars may want to listen to my Dividend Growth Investing class from today, where I highlighted the enhancements to the 2024 Dividend Stairstep charts: https://www.marketscholars.com/event/dividend-growth-investing-307/
- Lastly, I just wanted to express my heart-felt thanks to those of you who’ve supported me with these Market Outlook videos (and the predecessor Market Forecast videos) for the last decade. It’s meant so much to me and I can confidently say that we’ve all learned a lot together. I’m looking forward to other content opportunities in the future to continue teaching and learning with all of our Premium Market Scholars!
About Brandon Van Zee
Brandon is a co-founder of Market Scholars, where he builds portfolios while teaching daily interactive online classes and is a host of the Market Outlook YouTube video. His focus is on dividend growth investing, top-down trend trading, and put selling. He has been in the financial services industry and investing his own portfolios since 2000. Prior to Market Scholars, he was an Investment Instructor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for dividend investing at TD Ameritrade’s education division, Investools. There he taught webinars, conducted in-person workshops, and helped write their Income Investing course material along with the scoring system used for dividend stocks. He was also the host of the Dividend Depot podcast and the Market Forecast YouTube video, along with writing for The Ticker Tape magazine and Coaching Corner blog. Other roles he has held in the financial industry include: Dividends/Reorganizations Specialist(RBC Wealth Management), Assistant Trader(RBC Global Asset Management), Head Trader(Provident Capital Corp), and Investment Specialist(TD Ameritrade). Brandon spends his free time traveling and enjoying summertime mountain activities(hiking, fishing, camping) with his wife and son.
You also might be interested in
Today’s dividend growth announcements can be found on the attached[...]
Factor Selector™ features 24 investment strategies from 6 different factors pitted against one another and ranked over multiple time periods. This tool is available for premium members of Market Scholars to utilize in Brandon Van Zee's Trading Room focused on swing trading held each Wednesday at 11:00 am ET.
The daily Market Outlook™ video helps viewers understand important movements within the trading world and set their investing postures appropriately. This popular YouTube video offers a comprehensive review of important financial considerations utilizing technical analysis, macroeconomic analysis, and fundamental analysis. The presentation ends with an application example using a virtual trade to help put the educational theories learned into motion.